Sunday, September 16, 2007

An Easy 9.6

One of the coolest things about training for a marathon is that you actually become a better runner. I've never really identified as a runner but more as someone who runs. It's not the same thing. But it's amazing to me that when I run consistenly over time I really do improve. My body feels lighter and the distance not as intimidating. And next things you know, I can run around Lake Merritt three times and still go and play a 90 minute football match a couple hours later. The marathon is right around the corner now and I'm starting to really look forward to it.

Thanks to all of you have donated to the fundraising efforts. I'm slowly plugging away and am up to 41% of my goal. I have about 3 weeks left to reach my goal so wish me luck.

And thanks for all your encouraging emails and messages of support. I'm so appreicative of your thoughtfulness.

No comments: