I can't believe it's a been almost a year since I updated this blog and, sadly, I never wrote about the final leg! Goes to show, running a marathon is much quicker than writing about it.
I am so excited to announce I have signed up for Team in Training again and will be running the Nike Women's Half Marathon in October. Last year, I was inpspired to participate in honor of several friends who had been diagnosed with cancer. This year, through the miracle of medicine, I will be running together with one of those honorees. What an experience it will be to have her by my side as we cross the finish line.
Training has already begun but I will post some photos and updates on what I'm doing to prepare for the race.
Please take a moment to donate to my fundraising efforts by clicking on the link to the right. And, by all means, write to me if you want to learn more about how you can join Team in Training for an upcoming event. Not only does it change the lives of people diagnosed with blood cancers but it will change your life as well.
Thanks for your support!
Wednesday, September 10, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment